Reinstated City of Ekurhuleni Mayor Tania Campbell has announced her Mayoral Committee to help her steer the municipality forward.
CITY OF EKURHULENI MAYOR DELIVERING TO HER PROMISE
“Upon reassuming office last week, I made a commitment to the residents of Ekurhuleni that my office would hit the ground running.”
Campbell was ousted following a vote of no confidence but made a U-turn into her position after negotiations between the ANC and Kingmakers EFF deadlocked.
Since assuming her position back, Campbell has made several changes to restore stability in the City of Ekurhuleni.
“I have already taken decisive steps on several issues, most notably the waste crisis which is now being attended to with the urgency that it rightly deserves,” she said.
CAMPBELL INTRODUCES NEW MAYORAL COMMITTEE
“Today, I would like to announce my team of MMCs who will guide their respective departments in a direction that builds on the great work we have achieved thus far. These individuals have been appointed based on their skillsets, and I have every confidence that they will lead their departments with the respect and dignity befitting of their office,” an optimistic Campbell said.
The Members of the Mayoral Committee are as follows:
- MMC for Finance: Cllr Fanyana Nkosi
- MMC for Health and Social Development: Cllr Jennifer Glover
- MMC for Transport: Ald. Mabekenyane Thamahane
- MMC for Water, Sanitation and Energy: Cllr Senzi Sibeko
- MMC for Real Estate: Cllr Tambo Mokoena
- MMC for Corporate and Shared Services: Cllr. Golden Maduana
- MMC for Human Settlements: Ald. Alco Ngobese
- MMC for City Planning: Ald. Heather Hart
- MMC for Environment and Waste Management: Cllr. Brandon Pretorius
- MMC for Community Safety: Cllr Khathushelo Rasinglingwane
“I know this capable team is fit for the task at hand and I wish them all the best with their new responsibilities,” she said.
Lastly, this Mayoral Committee has been welcomed by the Tembisa Community Forum..