A 35-year-old mother was arrested for murder after her two young sons died in a shack fire in Grabouw, Western Cape on Friday morning, 18 November.
GRABOUW MOTHER ARRESTED FOR MURDER
Grabouw police were called to the scene in the Waterworks informal settlement early on Friday. “Upon arrival, they discovered a shack that was locked and already on fire,” said Brigadier Novela Potelwa.
The burnt bodies of two young boys – aged three and five – were found in the shack when police inspected the scene.
The mother was arrested after the police took statements from witnesses. She is expected to appear before the Grabouw Magistrate’s Court on charges of murder on Friday.
- Rabbits are dying from a disease never detected in SA before
- Limpopo measles outbreak reaches Mpumalanga – NICD
- COSATU, SAFTU, and FEDUSA public sector unions set for a huge strike
- Seven men accused of kidnapping Abirah Dekhta to apply for bail
- Police: Seven family members were killed while mourning a murdered relative
- 40 Western Cape schools pay over R100k per year in bank charges
- SABC Plus: Broadcaster enters streaming age with new app
- Israel’s ‘most wanted gang leader’, seven others arrested in Joburg
- MASSIVE taxi stay-away looming in Cape Town