The Mpumalanga Education Department said a Grade 11 learner at Kriel High School in the Emalahleni Local Municipality died by suicide on Thursday, 17 November.
GRADE 11 LEARNER ALLEGEDLY HANGS HIMSELF AT SCHOOL
The Grade 11 learner allegedly hanged himself in a classroom storage area on Thursday morning, according to the department.
“The circumstances that led to this incident are as of now unknown to the Department,” read a statement.
The provincial education department said it was shocked by the incident and senior officials will visit the school on Friday to gather more information about the incident and offer their condolences to the affected family.
Counselling services will also be offered to members of the Kriel High School community.
“The Department sends its sincere condolences to the bereaved family and the school community. May His Soul Rest in Peace.”
- Unions slam government’s ‘misleading 7.5%’ wage increase offer
- State wants mom accused of killing four children referred for mental observation
- Grabouw mother arrested for murder after two boys die in fire
- Rabbits are dying from a disease never detected in SA before
- Limpopo measles outbreak reaches Mpumalanga – NICD
- Seven men accused of kidnapping Abirah Dekhta to apply for bail
- Seven family members killed while mourning a murdered relative