A woman was found murdered in the Free State on 31 August. The police are turning to the public to help track down her next of kin and the suspects behind the gruesome killing.
POLICE SEEK SUSPECTS AND NEXT OF KIN
South African Police Service (SAPS) spokesperson Captain Stephen Thakeng said the woman’s body was found on the farm next to K10 Section in Kutloanog. A resident chopping wood stumbled across the body. The Odendaalsrus SAPS were called to the scene.
“On their arrival, they found the body of an unknown African woman with a slit throat. She is estimated to be 28 years old, she had a wedding ring on her finger and her clothes were scattered next to her,” said the police spokesperson.
The police are circulating a photograph of the clothing in hope that members of the public who recognise them will come forward. No missing persons have been reported.
A murder case has been opened for investigation. A R50 000 reward is offered for information about the suspects. The investigating officer, Detective Sergeant Seleke Mahloko, can be contacted at 082-301-2797. Alternatively, the Crime Stop hotline – 08600-10111 – can be used.
- French cinema icon Jean-Luc Godard dies at 91
- 10-month-old baby girl, mother and a 65-year-old woman die in separate fires
- Businesswoman calls police after car tailed her – five arrested for kidnapping conspiracy
- SAHPRA confirms second vaccine-linked death in SA
- Stolen vehicle of murdered Cape Town Magistrate recovered in Mitchells Plain
- SANDF says ‘Vaal President’ will face the law over birthday poster
There are no comments to display.