The Mpumalanga police arrested a 25-year-old suspect for allegedly raping an elderly man in Bushbuckridge on Monday evening, 20 June.
POLICE ARREST ALLEGED RAPIST
South African Police Service (SAPS) spokesperson Brigadier Selvy Mohlala said the rape incident allegedly took place at approximately 20:30 on Monday.
The 62-year-old victim alleges that he was sitting in his Ga-Motibidi home with the door unlocked when a man known to him entered the premises. The victim reportedly asked the intruder what he wanted.
“The suspect then allegedly grabbed the victim and pushed him to the bed and raped him,” said Mohlala.
The alleged rapist took cash belonging to the victim from a table and left the house after the incident. He was later tracked down and arrested by the police.
The 25-year-old man appeared before the Bushbuckridge Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday, 22 June on a charge of rape.
- Hawks finally arrest wanted murder suspect in Gqeberha
- Cape Town weather warning: Two cold fronts to bring rain AGAIN
- Kuils River double murder: Two foreign nationals shot and killed in cellphone shop
- Stage 2 load shedding will be implemented for the entire day until Sunday
- REMINDER: SASSA R350 grant payments to start on 22 June