Jump to content
Afrii Diaspora Dialogue
  • SAPS far from concluding Enyobeni deaths case

    SAPS far from concluding Enyobeni deaths case

    It’s been seven days since the tragic death of 21 teenagers at Enyobeni Tavern but police were far from completing their investigations.

    The SABC reported at the weekend that police had concluded their on-site investigations into the mysterious deaths of scores of children.

    The teens bodies were strewn throughout the tavern in Scenery Park, East London, with some found dead on tables and in their seats.

    ALSO READ: Mom of Enyobeni victim speaks out: ‘We did not send our kids to the tavern’

    POLICE STILL PROBING THE MATTER

    But police spokesperson Brigadier Tembinkosi Kinana said the investigations were still on.

    “Investigation is not concluded. Remember, we said investigation is a process. It, therefore, cannot be finalised so soon.”

    Brigadier Tembinkosi Kinana

    Speculations of the deaths of the teenagers were ongoing, with some stating the children could have been killed by carbon monoxide poisoning.

    The police have however rubbished such claims, as autopsies of the bodies would determine the cause of deaths.

    TEENS TO BE BURIED THIS WEEK

    A mass funeral is expected to take place on Wednesday, with the assistance of the Eastern Cape provincial government and funeral parlour AVBOB.

    Families received food parcels and vouchers last week to assist with the immediate needs and costs. Along with the broader community, they continue to receive psycho-social support from the province and its partners.

    http://www.thesouthafrican.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/resized-image-Promo-16-1.jpeg
    Police are far from concluding their investigation into the deaths of 21 teeangers at Enyobeni Tavern. PHOTO: Facebook

    ALSO READ: Enyobeni tavern: Mass funeral for dead tavern teenagers

    The young teenagers were aged between 13 and 17 years and died in the early hours of last Sunday morning during a pens-down party.

    Some of the teenagers claim they heard about the party on the tavern’s Facebook page. The post enticed the teenagers by offering free food and drinks.

    ALSO READ: ‘Enyobeni promised free booze and food’ – teens tavern deaths

    But it was established by the Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality that the tavern is illegally built.

    Meanwhile, the tavern is found to be established illegally by the Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality.

    According to the municipality, it did not receive any land-use application and no departure was granted for the operation of a tavern on the site.

    The outcome of the investigation will determine whether the municipality will go ahead and demolish the tavern.

    View the full article


    Khamisi
     Share

     Share


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments

    There are no comments to display.



    Guest
    Add a comment...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About

Afrii Diaspora Dialogue

A Platform for Dialogue for the African diaspora

A cultural and community website with a GO.A.L. to UpLift™ and EmPower™ the many different peoples, cultures, and communities of the Black and African diasporas.

Main links

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Guidelines, Privacy Policy, Terms of Use