A fire broke out at a scrapyard in Oaklands, KwaZulu-Natal on Tuesday evening, 21 June. The fire was reportedly started by an unwatched candle – the candle owner pinned the blame on a slithery visitor.
EMPLOYEE WAKES TO FIND SNAKE IN BED
KZN security company Reaction Unit South Africa (RUSA) said Oaklands residents reported the blaze at approximately 21:09 on Tuesday. When security officers arrived at the scene, they found a container engulfed in flames.
“It was established that an employee who resides in the container dozed off to sleep before he could extinguish a candle,” said RUSA.
When the employee woke up, he reportedly spotted a snake in his bed and ran from the container. When he returned the dwelling was on fire. “The man fled from the container in fear of the snake,” explained the security company.
The fire was eventually extinguished with buckets of water, according to RUSA.
- Police: Suspect arrested for raping and robbing a 62-year-old man
- Hawks finally arrest wanted murder suspect in Gqeberha
- Cape Town weather warning: Two cold fronts to bring rain AGAIN
- Kuils River double murder: Two foreign nationals shot and killed in cellphone shop
- Stage 2 load shedding will be implemented for the entire day until Sunday