A 28-year-old suspect is expected to appear in the Cape Town Magistrate’s Court on Thursday, 23 June in connection with the alleged kidnapping of Shireen Essop.
SUSPECT ARRESTED IN CONNECTION WITH ESSOP KIDNAPPING
Essop was allegedly kidnapped by unknown suspects while driving home from work along Weltevreden Road in Browns Farm, Philippi on 23 June. Her vehicle and some of her belongings were found not long after her disappearance.
She was missing for more than two weeks before being found by neighbourhood watch members at the Klipfontein Mission Station at approximately midnight on Friday, 10 June.
Armed with intelligence, Cape Town Organised Crime detectives tracked down the 28-year-old man and arrested him for possession of stolen property “believed to be that of kidnapping victim, Shireen Essop”
“As investigations into the case continue the arrest of more suspects cannot be ruled out. Further details about the case are expected to emerge in court during the appearance of the arrested suspect,” said South African Police Service (SAPS) spokesperson Brigadier Novela Potelwa.
- Another fire, another Gauteng hospital: Blaze at Bara extinguished
- Snake blamed for KwaZulu-Natal scrapyard fire
- Police: Suspect arrested for raping and robbing a 62-year-old man
- Hawks finally arrest wanted murder suspect in Gqeberha
- Cape Town weather warning: Two cold fronts to bring rain AGAIN